Darin Hammerschmidt, CFP
Darin’s passion is people, his purpose is family & community. As a Certified Financial Planner, his mission is to explore, understand and preserve his client’s life values, while inspiring them to live the life they desire & deserve. Money is far from the only thing that defines an individual’s life values, but it tends to play an important role. How we view money and the role money plays in our lives is different for everyone. Many, including himself, struggle or have questions on how money incorporates into our values, dreams and ultimately our life purpose. Darin believes that Financial Planning can be a catalyst towards our life purpose becoming reality. The possibilities are endless!
Darin, his wife Jamie and three daughters have been residents of Colorado since 2008 and Wheat Ridge became home for their family in 2015. Darin received his bachelor’s degree from Kansas State University in 2006, started his Financial Planning practice with the Waddell & Reed team of Golden, CO in 2008 and received the Certified Financial Planner designation in 2016.
Growing up in a small community in Kansas, he developed a passion for community development and enjoys giving back to his local community.
- West Metro Chamber of Commerce – Member since 2008
- Board of Directors – 2010-2016
- Chair of the Board – 2015
- Young Professional of the Year - 2010
- Kiwanis Club of Lakewood – Member since 2009
- Board of Directors – 2010-2013
- Chair of the Board – 2012
- Leadership Jefferson County, Colorado – Graduate 2010
- Wheat Ridge Business Association – Member since 2016
- Board Member – 2018-Present
- Localworks Non-Profit - Member since 2018
- Board of Directors – 2018-Present
- Chair of the Board – 2022
Outside his passion for working with his clients and his community activity, Darin enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters, yoga, cooking, mountain biking, camping & skiing.